Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Small Crystallization

This morning I seem to have experienced something of a breakthrough: I'd been beating my head against some problems in finding antiderivatives (which turned out to be fairly simple). The next section in Thomas / Finney had to do with differential equations.

My understanding of diffy Qs on my last pass through calculus was, well, kinda spotty. Or shaky. Or murky.

This morning, however, I think I ... got it! The sense of breakthrough was fairly palpable. Very exciting. I proceeded to doing more problems, and then more.

It is important for me to mark and remember these moments, because they tend to get overwhelmed by the moments where I just feel, well, overwhelmed.

I have been posting some over at the study / homework help section of physicsforums.com. One can nicely format math on that board by putting it between [itex][/itex] tags. I sure wish that worked here (perhaps I just haven't found the Blogger equivalent, yet)!

No comments: