Friday, February 19, 2010

Introduction: What This is For

I have waffled for years over what to do with this space. It finally struck me this morning, a grey snowflakey morning following a disastrous Calculus B exam, that what's been chiefly occupying, perturbing, frightening, frustrating, possessing, obsessing, consuming, fretting, fraying me lately is the whole matter of my trying to battle back to the path I originally (that is, when I was young[er]) wanted to follow: science and math -- and specifically, astronomy.

And so it seems right to use this space to chronicle my adventures and misadventures as I try to undo a decades long path of wandering that has (or at least feels like it has) effectively left my brain a pile of mush, and return to my original, fundamental passions.

It feels as though this is the fight of my life.

No comments: